Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Portuguese

So I said I would make a list of the Portuguese words I have learned...Let's see...

obrigada - thank you
nao obrigada - no thank you
muito obrigada - thank you very much
frango - chicken
milho - corn
quiejo - cheese
presunto - ham
laranja - orange
uvo - grape
sanitario - toilet/restroom
desculpa - I'm sorry/excuse me
aqua sem gas - regular water
pateta - Goofy

That's really all I know and use...

Today was a lovely day off! This city reminds me of Spain a little bit. The architecture has more of a European feel than I expected, but it is beautiful and unique in it's own way. I got an $11 pedicure at a salon down the street, ate lunch at a cute little diner, explored the marketplace and bought some bananas and homemade gelato, tried my first carmel-filled churro, laughed at the creepy masks in a Halloween store, and went grocery shopping. It's 8:00pm and I'm already in bed considering just going to sleep early because I'm so tired.





Tomorrow starts the beginning of our 12 show week. It's gonna go 1 show, 2 shows, 3 shows, 3 shows, 3 shows, travel day, ARGENTINA!!! It is going to be a busy week but I am excited to perform the show and get through this week so I can speak Spanish and most importantly, see Clara in Buenos Aires (a close friend from my contract on the Disney Dream)!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment